Sunday, September 27, 2009

SLOB Scene addon


I figured it was noon, from where the sun was in the sky. right now was about one day since I ran away from T-ray, so i guessed it was Saturday. By now T-ray had stopped looking for me, so I figured Rosaleen and me could "hitch-hike" to Tiburon. Hitch hiking was a lot harder than I thought it would be, everyone that drove by us was either in to much of a hurry to bother with a black women and a fourteen year old white child, or they didn't care.

After a whole hour Rosaleen and me gave up on hitch hiking and started walking down on the moist grass down the way from the road. its was starting to get late so we layed down and drifted off into blackness of the dream. I awoke to the sound of a man singing a song I've never heard before so I figured it was Catholic or some form of religious speech. he spotted me huddled in the grass, and he stopped and said, " hay there little lady! don't you know how late it is?, your family is going to be very worried about you, you should probably be getting back to them." I rolled my eyes as i thought to myself about how wrong he was.

I couldn't get to sleep after what the man said about my family be worried about me, so I told Rosaleen I was going to walk back to the road to see if anyone driving by would notice me.
I stood there in the crisp blue twilight air for what seemed about another hour, but as i was giving up on hitch hiking a colored man driving a beat-up Chevy truck took pity on me and he slowed down and asked "where you heading."

3 comments:

  1. Great job describing the scenario, but two out of the three paragraphs were straight out of the book, maybe a different scene could have been better, i don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was good how you described one of the moments in the book with greater detail. Good Focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was cool how you expanded on that one scene really good focus.

    ReplyDelete