Monday, April 19, 2010

Dialectic Journal








Quote:

"If you raise your hand and say, 'Gee, Ms. Smith, I haven't understood a single word you've said


all day,' Ms. Smith is going to hate you. If you raise your hand and say, 'Gee, Ms. Smith, I haven't

understood a single word you've said all week,' Ms. Smith is going to hate you five times as much. And

if you raise your hand and say, 'Gee, Ms. Smith, I haven't understood a single word you've said all year,'

Ms. Smith is going to pull out a gun and shoot you."
 
 
 
What this quote makes me think of is, (shudder), my 8th grade social studies "experience" so to speak.
Mainly it was my teacher... she was the meanest, shrewdest, nastiest short lady I ever layed eyes on!
Except her name wasn't Ms. Smith, her name was... well i can't say, me and my freinds swore to never say her name, ever, thats how evil she was! lol. Well i'm not going to go into detail about why she was, but i can tell you a few things of why everyone and i do mean everyone (even the principal) hated, well not really, lets say everyone "disliked" her: For one thing, if you wanted to go to the bathroom at any time during class, shed make you stay after school for 25 minutes, or after class, whichever she thought you "needed" as she called it. And if she did make you stay after class, shed let you go after the 25 minutes were up and then she wouldn't give you a late pass to explain why you were late to you other class, ugg that made me so mad!
Another reason is that she gave everyone detention, even for the stupidest things, like getting up to sharpen your pencil, even after she said you could, im serious on this. she had this weird religion... pretty sure it was called GiveDetentionOutToEveryoneIcan-ism! lol or G.D.O.T.E.I-ism for short :)
 
Ya and i'm pretty sure she would shoot you also if you said that you hadn't followed anything she said all year, and then she'd dig up you body after the funeral and put a big fat "F" on your dead forehead.
Na im kidding..
or am I?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I really liked what you wrote about your teacher and your not the only one, trust me. I think that you really expressed what you wanted to explain about this quote with your own experience and that shows that this quote really striked you in a personal experience. The only thing that I think you should have talked about was why you think the teachers acted this way with students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very...interesting story you've got there. I can't say I can relate that much with it because I never had that problem. Although I did have one teacher that I absolutely hated and that was my 4th grade teacher who never saw when I was being bullied by the other kids and then said that I had ADHD because he didn't realize what was happening to me just outside of the classroom. But other than that I really didn't get any teacher that gave out detentions like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had such an awful teacher, though was it necessary to include the fact that she was Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm... well she was but i can see how that can bee offensive, i'll take it off.

    ReplyDelete